Monday, November 5, 2012

Corn Salsa


I made an organic corn salsa today for the first time. Honestly, I got a little inspired by Chipotle! Here is my recipe (all veggies were organic)-

Ingredients
1 can organic kernel corn
1 whole tomato, diced
1/2 cup red onions, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
bunch of cilantro, chopped
dash of apple cider vinegar
lime juice (I used 1 1/2 lime)
garlic salt
sea salt
ground pepper
cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Add as much or as little of the spices that you want. If you want a spicier salsa, add more cayenne pepper. Spices, lime juice and apple cider vinegar are all added at the end. Refrigerate and your done!

I made A LOT because my boyfriend is obsessed with chips n salsa. I decided to make myself a 'Mexican' salad with the Corn Salsa.

This salad tasted soo good! I used Organic spring mix, cucumber, artichoke hearts, heart of palm, corn salsa, shredded mozzarella cheese, and crunched organic blue corn chips. I drizzled some balsamic vinegar on top and voilà, quick Mexican salad!

Happy cooking!

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment