Monday, February 18, 2013

Quick and easy Tabbouleh

I have to say I am a lucky woman. As a young girl my father exposed me to so many foods from so many different cultures. Can you believe that when I was 8 one of my favorite foods was tabbouleh? For my lunch today I made Tabbouleh with baked plantains. 
Ingredients
juice of 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
tomato, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 onion, diced
fresh curly parsley,finely chopped
fresh mint, finely chopped
1/2 cup cooked couscous
apple cider vinegar
sea salt + black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Only add a couple dashes of apple cider vinegar. I also added a LITTLE bit of water. This salad is so refreshing!
I sliced up some ripe plantains and preheated the oven to 350 degrees. With a brush, coat a baking sheet with olive oil and the tops of the plantain slices as you add them to the sheet. Sprinkle some garlic salt and pop them in the oven. After 5 minutes flip the plantains and leave in the oven for about 5 more minutes. 
And you have a meal! The fresh tabbouleh compliment the plantains well. Healthy and delicious!

Happy cooking!
-Kat 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment