Saturday, September 26, 2015

Grilled Tofu Kabobs

A friend of mine had a BBQ recently that was chock full of meat options; churrasco, sausage and chicharrón. I was in charge of the sides since I don't eat meat. I made a summer pasta salad and replaced mayo with plain Greek yogurt and we grilled Tofu Kabobs & asparagus. The asparagus was lightly seasoned with sea salt, pepper, olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. We put the asparagus on the grill for about 15 minutes, perfect!

For the tofu kabobs I cut up red onions, green, red & yellow bell peppers, mushrooms and zucchini. I used extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes. You have to squeeze as much liquid out of the tofu as you can. Put veggies and tofu onto long wooden skewers. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder. Smother in your fave BBQ sauce. I used a smoky one from Trader Joes. Throw those babies on the grill for about 10-15 minutes on each side (flip a couple times) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment